Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A New & Exciting Salad Creation!

I've been enjoying this homemade salad for the past 2 days at lunch, so I had to share!

I wanted to get back on track with my usual healthy diet this week, as since I've been carb-loading for the past coupla weeks (due to the lack of grocery shopping), I needed to get back on track. The only problem is that I get really really really bored eating salads every day. So I gotta get creative! So here's another new one - it may sound similar to this one, but this one has a whole new twist.

Pear & Gorgonzola Farmer's Market Salad
(makes 1 large serving, or 2 small servings)

- fresh Farmer's Market mixed greens (they sell these for $4 a 1/2 pound at the one I go to! And MAN - a 1/2 pound is a lot of green.)
- 1/4 a red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 a pear (diced) - or strawberries (either would work great)
- candied cashews (I just bought these from the bulk section at Whole Foods)
- olive oil / balsamic vinaigrette

Cook the red onion in olive oil for about 10 minutes (until caramelized). Remove from heat & let cool. Combine the lettuce, pear, and cashews, then top with onions. Serve with olive oil & balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

It's that easy! I've been scarfing it down like crazy lately!

No comments: