Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Seriously Scrumptious Simple Salad

I just invented the yummiest salad ever today!
OK - I'm saying that I invented it because I've never had it in a restaurant before. I am trying to eat up all the food that could go bad in my fridge before I leave for the long weekend, so I pretty much just used what I had left. And it turned out wonderful! Enjoy!

Seriously Scrumptious Simple Salad
Mixed Greens (I used some from the Farmer's Market - they're the best)
Bleu Cheese (I crumbled some Amish Bleu Cheese that I found at Whole Foods on sale)
Pecans (chopped)
Red Onion (cut into strips)
Oil & Balsamic Vinegar (I used Strawberry Basil Balsamic Vinegar that I found at Super Target)

Cook the red onion in a pan on the stove in some olive oil until caramelized (about 8 minutes or so). They will start to turn slightly brown when they're done. While the onions are cooking, combine all the other ingredients in a bowl. Top with caramelized onions & serve. Yum yum YUM!

No comments: