Friday, May 7, 2010

My new favorite snack!

Oh dear... I could go crazy with these babies!
I found this amazing recipe on Epicurious.com -
Dates with Goat Cheese Wrapped in Prosciutto.
Being the vegetarian that I am - I swapped the Prosciutto out & opted for vegetarian bacon instead, and guess what: it was still DELICIOUS! A wonderful combination of salty/sweet/rich. They tasted so decadent & "gourmet", but they were super easy to make.

The other day, I happened to have some dates, some plain ol' goat cheese and a few extra minutes on my hands.... so I thought I'd try a simplified version of the recipe. I just pitted the dates, stuffed 'em with goat cheese, and toted them off to work with me in a re-used Whole Foods container.


I couldn't keep my hands off 'em all day!
Great snack to try if you like the sweet stuff, fo' shizz.

No comments: