Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's day (this past Sunday to those of you that live under a rock) started off pretty crazy!

I volunteered at the Rocky Mountain Rollergirl's bout against Texas at our warehouse during the day which was awesome!! The RMRG team that played was our amazing Fight Club, and Texas put up a hell of a fight (excuse the pun). It was a really super exciting game, and all of the ladies played phenomenally. I got to meet some of the girls afterward, and they were all totally kickass. One of the girls on the Texas team even gave me a free beer coozy! Rockin'!

After that I headed home to make dinner for my momma and give her the best Mother's day gift ever.... an RMRG sweatshirt! Haha! She's the hottest derby mom ever.

I cooked up some new recipes that I have been wanting to try out for a while.... Creamy Pumpkin Pasta, with an Arugula salad topped with caramelized onions, croutons, candied walnuts, crumbled goat cheese, and an olive oil vinaigrette. The salad was definitely the big hit, as the pumpkin pasta was missing something.... we decided that maybe mushrooms could be added? Some kind of vegetable maybe? I'll have to work on that....

...my little sistah Taryn made AWESOME crepes for dessert too - with melted chocolate, powdered sugar, and some kind of tart berry compote in the middle.... YUM!

Busy busy Sunday, but totally rockin'!

6 comments:

Marcie said...

That crepe looks amazing! I love the name of your blog. :)

Marcie

Gina said...

i've always been interested in roller derby, and that food looks awesome!

Meredith said...

Hey, I think I saw that same Texas team play the RollerDOLLS saturday night? Were they the Texascutioners? If so, the dolls beat 'em too.

Glad you're having such a good time with the derby. Not really surprising, though.

Beth B said...

Thanks, Marcie! Haha - yeah, it's kind of a goofy name... :)

Gina - thank you too! Roller derby is SO much fun - you should definitely give it a try. Even just taking the step to attempt rollerskating again... it's a blast.

Meredith - YES they did play the Roller Dolls Saturday night! :)

Chelsea said...

those are some yummy lookin crepes!

Beth B said...

My little sis is pretty awesome at coming up with desserts... she baked me a strawberry rhubarb pie once - no recipe! It was so delicious... I'm jealous of her talent when it comes to baking. The crepes were something she pretty much made up as well! :)