Monday, January 4, 2010

Getting back on track for 2010

Hey all!

Hope you had a wonderful New Year!

I'm taking the new year in stride, and work on getting back in shape & healthy again. I know everybody says that in January, but I really do mean it! I dusted off my old rollerblades yesterday, and went for a skate around Wash Park (and amazingly remembered how to do it without falling on my face). I even managed to get out of bed early enough to go to the gym this morning, and I brought all kinds of delicious fruits & veggies to eat at work today. It's gonna be a good year!

I'm adopting the "Eat to Live" plan, as I got the book from my parents for Xmas (in picture). The 6-week plan is definitely going to be a challenge as I will have to cut out SALT, and BOY do I love salt! I'm sure that's part of my problem, and that my taste buds need to do some "waking up" again without the aid of sodium. Luckily I get to eat as many fruits and veggies as my heart desires, which shouldn't be too much of a problem for me! It'll be interesting cutting out dairy too, as I have forgotten what it's like to go without that (and gosh, I love cheese so much).

So wish me luck! OH, and if you have any thoughts of FREE & FUN ways to get exercise, please let me know in the comments. I think the only way I'll be able to stick to working out will be if I think of it as less of a chore, and more as something FUN! :)

Thanks!

No comments: