Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve - Fun Fun FUN!

Well kids, it's officially the last day of 2009... and I'm still at work for some reason. WHAAA? I gotta get the heck outta here!

On that note, I'm posting a blog written by someone else. No, it's not because I'm being a lazy ass (entirely). But it's because it made me laugh my booty off this morning when I read it. The guy who writes this daily blog is named Rocky, and he works for steepandcheap.com. It's a great website if you've never visited - they sell one thing at a super discounted price 'till it's gone, then put a new thing up on the site. It's mostly for camping/outdoors gear, but there are a bunch of other sites just like it - chainlove.com (for the bike enthusiasts), whiskeymilitia.com (snowboarding/skateboarding gear & attire - and my personal favorite), etc.

So here's what he wrote this lovely December 31st, 2009. Hope you all have a wonderful & safe New Year's! :)

I don't get that into New Year's Eve. Too much pressure to have the night of your life. The worst place to find yourself on New Year's is one of those bars that charges a $100 cover at 8pm and then offers an open bar until last man standing. People destroy themselves in the only way an open bar allows. I don't blame them; they paid $100 to get in so they better get their money's worth. It's better to go to those bars after midnight when everyone who was inside has moved outside to throw up on the sidewalk. Last year I walked between bars at about 12:30, and the city garbage cans were so crowded with vomiters that people had to taken to the streets in groups of three or four. Maybe this year I'll celebrate New Year's on Friday night instead of Thursday so I can avoid the crowds. It would also give me an opportunity to do something I've always wanted: A daring New Year's Eve jewel heist that I get away with since everyone but me is champagne drunk.

No comments: