Here's another recipe posting for you all. I know it's not particularly Christmas-ey, but you still gotta eat, right?? It's super easy & delicious, and I've made it a few times before. Below lists the real meat & fake meat options, but honestly it's best vegetarian. ;)
From one of my favorite recipe sources: www.realsimple.com/recipes
Gnocchi With Sausage and Spinach
Serves 4, Hands-on Time: 15m, Total Time: 25m
* 2 9-ounce packages refrigerated gnocchi or one 17.5-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi (you can substitute penne pasta as well!)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
* 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed (vegetarian version – use Morningstar “sausage” crumbles in freezer section, or Smart Sausage which comes in a tube near where they sell fake sandwich meat & fake cheese)
* 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
* 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Parmesan, plus more for garnishing
1. Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage and cook, crumbling it with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, spinach, salt, and pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until the spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the drained gnocchi, the reserved cooking liquid, and the Parmesan and toss. Divide among individual bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan.