Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Nightmare on Elm Street - First time seeing it!

Right in time for the holidays, I decided to watch a horror movie classic "A Nightmare on Elm Street" for the first time last night. I guess it would've been a little more appropriate to watch near Halloween, but hey - I had a lot of catching up to do! (Over the weekend I also watched "Dracula" with Bela Lugosi for the first time too - pretty awesome).

The movie had a lot of creepy moments that got to me more than the big scares. (Seeing Johnny Depp in his first movie was just adorable too - I can't believe how young he was!) The creepy factor, and originality of the story (a dead child-killer haunting the dreams of teenagers that can kill them in there dreams while at the same time killing them in real-life) were the things won me over. The cheesy 80's stuff was all there of course, but you have to take it all with a grain of salt. As though the horror movies of today don't have any cheesy moments? Yeah right!

The special effects were pretty awesome for the time as well, and added to the fun-factor (and gross-ness). Now I just have to watch "Halloween", and I'll finally feel like I'm in the loop!

Maybe I should wait until after Christmas though?

No comments: