Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Quasi Show & A Realization

Last night some friends and I braved the crazy freak Denver snowstorm to see the Quasi show at Larimer Lounge.

The opening band was okay, but I think I found them interesting simply because I thought the two lead guys were cute. The first couple of songs were good, but when the lead guitarist attempted a solo - it sounded more like a 17-year-old trying to rock out on a guitar without ever picking one up before. So they need some work, but there's definitely potential!

Quasi kicked some major ass, and I really really enjoyed watching the drummer rock her shit out. She's also the drummer for Sleater Kinney - one of my favorite chick rock bands ever! She was pretty freakin' awesome to watch.

I thought the whole freakin' time we were watching this awesome band play that one of the cute boys from the opening band was makin' eyes at me. Turns out he was actually makin' eyes at my friend standing next to me. Ugh - that's a disappointment. He literally RAN up to her as we were leaving to introduce himself, which she promptly shook off as she just started dating our other friend that was there too. I don't think I've ever had a boy run up to me after making eye contact with me at a show to try & talk to me before I left! Although it seems silly, I felt utterly invisible, and a little sad that he didn't pick me.

After trudging home after the show, I got to thinking about things through my hazy ego bruise. I realized that all of my frustration with dating and all of that junk stems from the feeling that I truly desire something amazing. Even with all of the heartbreak and disappointment and all that crap - I do want somebody special in my life, and I'm frustrated that it just hasn't happened yet. I guess I knew it all along, I just didn't want to admit it.

I can imagine that the best feeling in the world would be waking up beside someone you love that loves you right back wholeheartedly. Sometimes when I'm making breakfast I imagine making it for two, and the guy that I love coming up behind me, putting his arms around me, kissing my neck, and telling me I'm beautiful....

No comments: