Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 7 - Master Cleanse

Well, today is day 7 - and my last official day of the Master Cleanse!

Yes, I know I'm supposed to go for at least 10 days, but eh... I did pretty damn well for my first try. I'm super proud of myself for making it this far and I really don't think I could have done it without Katy - my partner in crime. Today is her day 8, so she made it even longer than I did! If any of you do try this cleanse, I highly recommend you do it with a friend.

The reason why I'm quitting a few days early is not because I don't think I could make it 10 days - I actually think that I could! It's mostly because I have my Book Club Brunch on Saturday, and I really want to be able to eat a real meal by then because we're going to an awesome restaurant that I've been wanting to try for ages. You're supposed to spend at least 3 days coming off the cleanse & weaning yourself back onto food, so that meant stopping early for me.

SO - I'm down a good amount of weight, but I won't know the final number until Katy & I take our "after" photos tomorrow night (yes, we're nerds like that, and did "before" pics as well). I'm feeling pretty good, but I definitely can't wait to start eating food again. I really miss cooking, and poured over my cookbooks last night figuring out what I want to make to celebrate my healthy eating again! I can't wait!

If I have the balls, I'll post my before & after pics on here. I guess it just depends on how good the "after" photos look.... ;)

No comments: