Monday, March 8, 2010

Good Golly, I might fall in love with Derby....

Just got back from NYC yesterday, and jumped right back into the game again! My friend Katy & I decided to hit up the Rocky Mountain Rollergirls' "Open Skate" last night - a mere hour and a half after I dropped my luggage at my apartment.

And I'll tell you what. It was SO MUCH FUN!

I was quite a bit wobbly on my brand new black & purple birthday rollerskates (thanks friends!), but after only an hour we were doing crossovers around the rink, and even tomahawk stops! It was insanely fun, and I had a huge grin on my face the entire time. I have a blister on my ankle from the new skates, but luckily not much else (I did take a few tumbles, but all of the girls did at one point or another).

Tryouts are in April, and I'm thinkin' this could be something I fall in love with really fast.... I even caught Katy giggling at me while I was excitedly listening to a rollergirl telling us the story of how she got started. I couldn't stop thinking about the next time I could go skating after I got home!

No comments: