Friday, August 24, 2012

Spinach Queso Dip - YUM!!

Yesterday I went through a bit of lady-pain-and-suffering (more about it on Chickpeas & Hulahoops here), so I decided that I wanted some cheesy OOZY goodness in my tummy to ease the pain.  

I have been wanting to try this recipe that I found on Pinterest for a while now.  It looked ridiculously easy, and since I don't have a crockpot, I just whipped it up on the stove.  And guess what.... 

... it was DEE. LICIOUS. 

While I was at the store getting the ingredients, I found that Velveeta now makes a Queso Blanco version which I figured would be PERFECT in this recipe (and it totally was).  I also felt ridiculously guilty about buying the demon of all processed cheeses, so I tried to compensate by getting all of the other ingredients organic. John thought it was hilarious.

I like to think it completely canceled out the bad stuff.  Please let me keep on believing that. :)

Anyhoodle, here is my adaptation of that ridiculously good recipe!!  I kept it pretty true to form (with no added seasonings of my own), as it was GREAT just as it is. 

Yeahhhh - that's the stuff!  Haha!

SPINACH QUESO DIP
Serves a decent amount - probably 10-20 people if you're making it for a party!

10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 lb Velveeta "Queso Blanco" cheese (cut into cubes)
8 ounces cream cheese (light - you can survive without a few extra calories)
1 small jar salsa (No fancy flavors - just regular)
Tortilla chips

Combine all ingredients (except chips) in a large pot over medium heat (cover with lid).  Mix well, and once it's all melty and gooey and awesome - serve with tortilla chips!  YUM! 


This was crazy easy, and I think I ate about 4 bowls of it.  Probably not the best idea, but hey, there's spinach in there!  I'm getting SOME nutrition.  Haha!  It was SOOOO GOOOD. 

And miraculously, I did feel much better after I ate it.  :)

No comments: