Friday, August 24, 2012

Spinach Queso Dip - YUM!!

Yesterday I went through a bit of lady-pain-and-suffering (more about it on Chickpeas & Hulahoops here), so I decided that I wanted some cheesy OOZY goodness in my tummy to ease the pain.  

I have been wanting to try this recipe that I found on Pinterest for a while now.  It looked ridiculously easy, and since I don't have a crockpot, I just whipped it up on the stove.  And guess what.... 

... it was DEE. LICIOUS. 

While I was at the store getting the ingredients, I found that Velveeta now makes a Queso Blanco version which I figured would be PERFECT in this recipe (and it totally was).  I also felt ridiculously guilty about buying the demon of all processed cheeses, so I tried to compensate by getting all of the other ingredients organic. John thought it was hilarious.

I like to think it completely canceled out the bad stuff.  Please let me keep on believing that. :)

Anyhoodle, here is my adaptation of that ridiculously good recipe!!  I kept it pretty true to form (with no added seasonings of my own), as it was GREAT just as it is. 

Yeahhhh - that's the stuff!  Haha!

SPINACH QUESO DIP
Serves a decent amount - probably 10-20 people if you're making it for a party!

10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 lb Velveeta "Queso Blanco" cheese (cut into cubes)
8 ounces cream cheese (light - you can survive without a few extra calories)
1 small jar salsa (No fancy flavors - just regular)
Tortilla chips

Combine all ingredients (except chips) in a large pot over medium heat (cover with lid).  Mix well, and once it's all melty and gooey and awesome - serve with tortilla chips!  YUM! 


This was crazy easy, and I think I ate about 4 bowls of it.  Probably not the best idea, but hey, there's spinach in there!  I'm getting SOME nutrition.  Haha!  It was SOOOO GOOOD. 

And miraculously, I did feel much better after I ate it.  :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Web Site Ysl replica bags navigate to this website replica bags buy online important site luxury replica bags

Unknown said...

next content Website click this look these up great post to read

bistee said...

replica bags from korea his response n7i32x4l51 replica bags bangkok visit homepage y8e93h8a74 louis vuitton replica replica bags canada n1l97g0s79 his response g6v40l8s65 best replica designer bags replica bags cheap w2c92r5g30

stisat said...

a4b76q1d49 e9n63z9a61 a6v86t5b43 y0p80m5u16 x6w50i4p76 o5w31x4c47