Friday, August 10, 2012

BOBA FREAKIN' TEA, Y'ALL!!

OK, I've been working in downtown Denver for 5 1/2 years now.  I swear I thought I knew of all the good places to eat, get drinks, hang out, find ice cream.  

Then today, I found a new & magical place!!  Well, new to me anyway...
The place is called Obento, and they serve Japanese fast food - including BOBA TEA!


I swear, I've walked past this little restaurant 1,000 times.  It's right off the 16th Street Mall, which is probably why I ignored it - most places off the mall are chain restaurants.  I must stop in and try a bento box sometime, as they look pretty decently priced!

Today I got myself one of my favorite childhood things - Boba Tea.  If you've never had it, it's not even really tea per se - it's more like a sugary slushy with chewy tapioca balls at the bottom.  I used to get these all the time, but there was nowhere downtown (at least so I thought) that I could get one!  It was so hot outside, that this really hit the spot. 

I have a feeling that part of the reason I was hot was because of my new moccasin boots.  But I wanted to wear them SO BADLY!!  They do look cute, don't they?

No, it wasn't on my spending fast.  But it was a wonderful treat!  And sometimes, you just gotta have a boba tea. :) 

In case you're wondering, I got the Honeydew "Snow" boba.  Snow just means that milk was added.  Yum YUM! 

No comments: