Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Coors Brewery Tour & TUBING in Golden, CO

As mentioned before, I had one crazy weekend!  
Sunday we hit the Farmer's Market, then made our way to the Coors Brewery in Golden, CO to take a tour.  John still hadn't ever done a tour of a Colorado brewery since he's been living here (shocking, I know), so we figured it'd be a great day for it!  

A little added bonus about Golden is that they have a fantastic river that runs right through the town that's PERFECT for tubing.  I still had never been tubing before (you basically just sit in an inner tube and float down a river - simple fun!), so we thought we'd kill two birds with one stone!


All geared-up & ready to go!


Riding the bus to the tour - so excited! 




John gettin' tasty with the grains they make beer with...


I was actually a bit dissapointed with the tour - it was kind of boring.  They gave you these little phone-things, and an automated voice told you all the info.  It was long-winded facts, and nothing terribly exciting.  We still had fun though, and that's really all that matters!

And now I can say I did it too! :)


Those are some big copper... thingies.  For beer, and stuff.


Becca on the tour - learnin' stuff!




Ryan & Becca - taking a break to taste some Coors!



I was really hoping to put a glove on a bottle of beer and wave it away a-la Laverne & Shirley (or Wayne's World, doing an impression of Laverne & Shirley).  Alas, the whole area was closed off.  Probably for good measure!



These guys had WAY too much fun in the gift shop.  Haha!


And the best part of the tour - FREE BEER!!  We each got 3-free 10oz beers just for doing the tour.  Pretty rad!  I started with a Blue Moon Summer ale, then had a Killian's Irish Red, then had a regular Blue Moon.  I didn't even know that Coors brewed those beers - they were delish!
 

A toast with friends! :)

Afterward we headed to the park area and got ready for some tubing fun.  This was pretty much the only picture I got of that portion of the day, as I didn't want my camera to get wet!  Ha!  I love that it's right in the middle of a near-spank!


More pictures that Ryan took with his waterproof camera....
This one was obviously pre-getting totally soaked!  Ha!  



Becca & I walking to the tubing site.  Oh my goodness - it POURED on us!  I could barely see where I was going, hence my squinty expression!  Haha!  
 

And note to self:  Next time remove eye make-up BEFORE getting soaked.  HA!  I look like a raccoon!  Or the Crow, according to another of my friends.  
 

John floatin' along with his beer.  The water was kinda shallow so you had to kind of suck your butt in and clench your abs to not bonk your booty on the rocks.  Luckily the rocks were smooth though, so they weren't too bad.  
 

Our little group of thrill seekers!  Ha!  I love this picture - such a great group shot! 

We had SO MUCH FUN tubing.  It was hilarious, and we giggled like 5-year-olds the entire time.  It was probably some of the best free fun I've had in a long time.  We will definitely be doing it again soon!

Probably with a little less beer this time though... I need to take a break from the beer.  Ha!