Monday, July 23, 2012

Lazy Weekend / National Anthem


It has been hot hot HOT here in Denver - but I'm still walking to/from work as much as I can.  Here's a little tuft of a cloud that mocked me on my way home (we need more of you for shade!  Please tell your friends!). :)



Friday night I went to my parent's house, and hung out with my sister, my mom, and our good friend Deb.  We watched movies, drank wine, ate delicious food, and had a wonderful time!  It was so great to see everyone and catch up.

The next morning we had a leisurely breakfast, and Dimitri (my beautiful little kitty), soaked up the morning light.


"Yes?  May I help you?  I'm a bit busy being ridiculously cute right now..."

Taryn and I stopped at the grocery on the way home, then I met up with Stacey for lunch.  

Afterwards Stacey & I stopped by M.A.C Cosmetics at the mall, as I decided I needed a new utterly amazing lipstick to go with my new haircut.  I ended up getting a matte red color (Viva Glam I), and it's AMAZING!  It was more expensive than any other lipstick I've ever purchased ($14.50), but it stays on pretty much forever without looking cakey, and without flaking off.  It's magical, and worth every penny!! 

I'm not really a crazy-expensive-makeup kinda girl, but this stuff was worth it.  I know what you're thinking.... "But what about your Spending Fast, missy??"  Well, I had a bit of extra money to spend (personal reasons), so I wanted to treat myself.  Don't worry - I still put a big chunk of it towards my debt!  I'm actually excited to fill you guys in on how far I am now.... but I'll get to that later. 

Saturday night I went to the First Bank Center in Broomfield to sing the National Anthem for the Denver Roller Dolls' mix-up bout!  It was pretty amazing, and I was a bit nervous due to the sheer size of the venue.  The acoustics were pretty awesome though, and I felt like I did a pretty darn good job.  The anthem is a pretty darn difficult song to sing, but I feel like I'm getting better at it.  Practice practice! 

Here's a video!  I'm teeny tiny (I forgot to show the girl filming how to zoom in), but you can hear me loud & clear!  Pretty cool:



Saturday night we hung out at George & Katy's and had some dinner & wine and watched a movie.  Sunday I hit up the Farmer's market for all kinds of goodies, and we celebrated Nico's first birthday!  I can't believe Nikki's little boy is 1-year old already... so crazy how time flies.

On to a new week!  I need to attack some personal goals again (working out daily, learning new things, motivating myself, finding inspiration) and get back on track with some stuff.  I feel like I've been trying to discover new things about myself, and learn more about who I am and what I want to do with my life.  It's a very transitional time for me, and I need to figure things out.

Kinda heavy, but I'm trying to start my week off light! ;)

Hope you all had a great weekend too! 

No comments: