Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Music Music MUSIC

I used to be totally in on the music scene (I worked at Barnes & Noble in the music department for 2-years while in college... and pretty much spent all of my paychecks there), but have recently been rather out of the loop.

Luckily I have a small group of music-lovin' friends that keep me informed on all of the latest & greatest!! I crave new music like Reeses Peanut Butter Cups sometimes, and the past few weeks have been no exception. Luckily my new derby friend Megan has been dropping me some gems, so I'll share 'em with you!

Ida Maria - a Norwegian rock singer that has been rocking my socks right off for the past hour. I'm totally fallin' in love with her witty lyrics and raspy voice. LOVE HER!


Marina & the Diamonds
- I have only had the chance to listen to one song so far (I Am Not a Robot), but I love it. The video is weird in a really good way, and I can't wait to get the full album!!



Video for "I am not a robot"


Florence and the Machine
- OK this is a group I actually shared with Megan. I found out about them on my own, and I LOVE them. She's got a super amazing bluesey voice, and her lyrics are stunning and clever all at the same time. The song "Kiss with a Fist" has officially become my Roller Derby theme song.


Mates of State - one of my favorites bands of all time! My friend Grimes introduced me to them, they've actually been around for years. They're a husband/wife team (she plays keyboards, he plays drums, they both sing), and they come up with the strangest & happiest melodies that have ever reached my ears. I heart them so much!

No comments: