Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Motivated Maniac

Although I should probably be motivated to workout more regularly, do my laundry & all that - I've actually been more motivated to COOK and be a bit creative! Well, I guess those are all good things too, right? :)

Last night I made me a thrown-together pasta dish since I was STARVING after derby practice. It was super easy, and really yummy!

I just threw together some chopped zucchini, mushrooms, onion & minced garlic in a pan with olive oil & cooked 'em 'till they were tender. Meanwhile I boiled just under a cup of spiral pasta. Once the veggies were just about done cooking I tossed in a diced tomato and about 1/4 cup of pasta sauce.

Serve the veggies over the pasta (I topped mine with some grated mozzarella rice cheese). Super yummy, and exactly what my tummy was looking for after a challenging workout!

I just picked up the 6th season of Reno 911 from the library so I've been watching that pretty regularly. It's SO hilarious, and Trudy Weigl is pretty much my favorite character ever - she's so friggin' funny!!

I got a bit distracted with that, but then thought "I really wanna make those vegan muffins from my favorite cookbook" - so turned off my TV to make me some muffins.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I will say so again - go out and buy How it All Vegan! I kid you not, it's the best cookbook I've ever owned. Not only are the recipes simple, but they are REALLY delicious! Every one I have made has turned out really good, and easy to adjust to my liking. I'm totally in LOVE with this cookbook!

But I digress. I decided to make their Lovely Carrot Soup (which I don't have pics of), which I turned into my own Pink Soup, as I didn't have quite enough carrots and decided to throw in some leftover beets instead. It turned out really yummy, and I brought it to work for lunch today!

These muffins are the Maple Nut Soup Muffins - so named, as they accompany a hearty bowl of soup quite well I've discovered. They were really easy to make (and I am no baker that's for sure). Just basic ingredients (flour, baking soda & powder, salt, cinnamon), a mashed banana to substitute for 2 eggs, maple syrup, oil, and nuts. YUM.

One last weekend tidbit - I decided to do a big ol' magazine cut-out collage on the back of my bedroom door on Monday when I had the day off. I used to do this stuff all of the time in high school, but my mom hated that I was putting tape all over the walls.

Then I realized - hey, I don't live with my parents anymore... I can do whatever the heck I want! WOOHOO!

Yeah, I think it turned out pretty stinkin' rad. It makes my apartment all the more colorful, which is something I greatly enjoy. You couldn't tell, right?

No comments: