Thursday, July 29, 2010

Goonies in the Park

A couple of weeks ago my friends and I headed to Cheesman Park to watch "Goonies" for FREE! How can anything be free these days, you ask? I have no idea, but doggone it, I was thrilled. What made me even more thrilled was that they had FREE POPCORN! I thought I would explode from excitement!

I decided to bring some of my own grub though, and enjoy a delicious Superfood Salad from Whole Foods (it's awesome - Kale, sunflower seeds, acai dressing, edamame - best combo of healthy + yummy), and some smoked gouda cheese spread with gluten-free crackers. Who finished the WHOLE thing? I finished the whole thing!

I love this photo because although I didn't mean for the 2 photos to fit together so perfectly, they accidentally did. I love when stuff like that happens!


It turned out to be a really beautiful evening with a perfectly clear sky. Perfect for one of my favorite childhood movies ever: "The Goonies". Everyone applauded during the Truffle Shuffle, and recited lines along with it ("Goonies NEVER say die!" - "Heyyy youuuu guyyyys!"), and basked in the warm summer air.


A perfect summer evening, really!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I am making a dumb face in all of these pictures. Or maybe i just always look like that.

What a great night 'twas!

Beth B said...

Whatevs - you look super cute!! :)