Thursday, April 29, 2010

Breakfast & Lunch with the girls

Nothing starts off the day like great conversation with a friend, and really delicious food.

My friend Nikki and I met for breakfast at one of my favorite Denver restaurants, Snooze. They're usually packed on the weekends, but early on the weekdays, there's no waiting! Woot! They're a totally green restaurant too, which makes me like it there all the better. Nikki got a ginormous vegetarian breakfast burrito, I got the Spring Fling Benny (Eggs Benedict with asparagus, mushroom ragout, hollandaise sauce & hash browns), then we split the Sweet Potato Pancake which was enormous AND delicious.

We got so wrapped up in talking to each other that we were nearly late for work! Eh, it'd be worth it!

Later that day my friend Becca and I met at Ross (my little haven of awesome shopping) on my lunch break to troll the racks for jean shorts and summer dresses. I ended up buying more than I needed (it's a terrible weakness I have - bargain shopping), but came out with some super cute stuff! A new pair of not-too-short Levi's cutoffs (I hate when they ride up in the center - chaffing is not fun!), a couple of super pretty glass bottles (red & pink) that I intend to use for lemonade or iced tea this summer, Lemon Curd (I know - they sell the most random stuff there, but I've always wanted to try it!), a gray t-shirt dress, a black tank top with pink heart buttons, and a t-shirt with a milkshake on it that says "shake it, don't break it!" Yeah, I pretty much made out like a bandit!

Becca rode her awesome orange cruiser bike, so I had to snap a pic of her under the beautiful spring blossoms.

No comments: