Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Mom's Bourbon Slush Recipe!

Remember how I told you in this post about my mom's famous Bourbon Slush?  Well, guess what!  I feel that we know each other well enough.  I'm going to share it with you.

Mom's Bourbon Slush

2 tea bags (black tea)
1 cup boiling water
1 cup of sugar
1 - 6 oz. container of Frozen Orange Juice
1/2 cup of Bourbon
3 oz. of lemonade (frozen)
 
Steep the tea bags in the boiling water for 5 minutes, then remove them from the water.  Mix all of the ingredients in a dish or bowl, and place in the freezer 1 ½ hours before serving.  

The mixture will not freeze completely due to the Bourbon, it will become a “slush”.  To serve, scrape the top with a large spoon, and put the shavings into a short glass.  Serve with a spoon.  Best enjoyed while on a porch swing with friends. 

Enjoy!! :)

No comments: