Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Going to bed angry...

Last night I went to bed angry.

You know how people say not to do that?  Yeah, it's totally true.

I tossed and turned all night, and felt exhausted this morning.  And you know what?  It wasn't worth the energy.  One person's irresponsible behavior set me off the deep end, and I've been wallowing in it ever since.  And it doesn't change anything.  I don't have the power to change that person, and being angry about it will not make it any better.

So I'm tryin' to get happy and positive again.

Then I came across this video, and it made me smile.  It's a new up & coming artist named Birdy - I guess she's only like 15-years old.  (PS - I'm going to start a trend where OLDer people start getting famous, and everyone is amazed at what they do.  Why do you have to be ridiculously young for people to think you're amazing?  I don't get it.)

Anyway, it's a cover of the Bon Iver song "Skinny Love", and it's just lovely.
Things are looking up.

No comments: