Thursday, March 29, 2012

Victory Rolls (Pin-up girl hairstyle tutorial)

OK, I kind of want to be this girl's best friend - she's totally adorable!
In this video she gives a step-by-step tutorial on how to do Victory Rolls, and I'm TOTALLY going to try it out.  I don't have quite as much hair as she does at this point, but I'm still going to give it a shot.

Check it out!



I like that she mentions that you have to practice to get it down - so true!  I started using liquid eyeliner to get the 50's cat-eye look, but it took a lot of practice to get as good at it as I am now.  I definitely screwed it up many times before I got to the point where I could just swipe it on!  ;)

Next big night out, this is going to SO happen.  Woohoo!

I also came across this video too, which I'm super excited about:



I had never been able to figure out how to A): put a bandana in & make it stay, and B): get the actual pin-up girl look from a bandana without looking like a thug / Goofy with a sore tooth.  HA!  But I totally did this today since I didn't feel like washing my hair, and I think it turned out pretty darn well! 
It's certainly not perfect, but hey, it was my first try.



The bandana hasn't slipped an inch either.  Simple as using bobby pins.  Who knew?  

I'm totally going to be rockin' this style over the summer when I'm feeling lazy. ;)  

No comments: