Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Flowers that brighten my path

Lately I've been walking in to work.  I have to get up a little earlier to make the trek (it's about a 35-40 min walk instead of a 10 minute drive or bike), but it's totally worth it.  Not only is it a great way to get more movement into my day, but I say hello / good morning to people I pass by, I listen to music or a podcast or a book, and stop to smell the flowers. 

Yep, it's a great way to start the day! 

I have been noticing all of the flowers coming into bloom lately along my path to work, and I thought I'd share them with you!  



I think these are cornflowers?  I'm not sure, but I absolutely love them (and their color).  They make me smile every time I pass them! 




I love the color of these ones too.  Gosh, I kinda wish I knew the names of all these flowers!  I know the roses of course (haha), and I could guess on some of the others.  But it would be cool to be able to identify all of them! 



I LOVE this one. 






This is one of my new favorite photographs. :) 



I caught that little busy bee going to work on that flower!  How cute is that little guy??  Poor bees, they get such a bad rap.  They're good lil' buggers. 



Sometimes slowing down before you have to attack your day is a nice way to keep things stress-free.  I know that I always feel so much more relaxed after my morning walk! :) 


What do you do to stay relaxed?

No comments: