Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 1 of Veganism - and the first day of the rest of my life!

The last time I read The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone (and posted about it HERE), I didn't actually READ the entire thing to be honest...I just skimmed, then went straight for the recipes!

Well, I got the book as a Christmas gift this year, and now that I'm really reading it word for word, I'm even more in love! It has really inspired me to GO VEGAN again, and to give it a real shot for the rest of my life. I've gone back & forth on the idea for a while now, and I'm really going to do it. Shoot, if I can quit smoking and go vegetarian... I can do ANYTHING! :)

Today for breakfast I had a slice of Ancient Grain Spelt toast topped with Tofutti sour cream, arugula, and vegetarian baked beans. I even made a smoothie with a banana, a pear, frozen blackberries, ground flaxseed, and iced green tea. Who says vegans are missing out? NOT ME! It was DELICIOUS.

For lunch I had an Apple Curry Veggie soup that was SO easy to make over the weekend, and is so ridiculously delicious that I'll be eating it all week! I got it from the How it All Vegan cookbook that I utterly adore, and wrote about in this post.

Tonight is book club and I made my favorite Vegan Shells & Cheese recipe to share with the girls. I hope they love it as much as I do!

I have some pics coming soon too!

No comments: