Friday, June 25, 2010

Film on the Rocks - "SPEED"

Earlier this week a small group of us hit up Red Rocks to watch the 90's action-movie classic "SPEED" (with Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock, Jeff Daniels, and Dennis Hopper).

Every year the Denver Film Society seems to come up with a pretty rockin' line up of classic and most-likely-to-soon-be classic films to show, and this time was no exception. I have great memories of Speed - especially since it was the first R-rated movie my parents let me watch when I was a kid (at least that they know of). To quote my mom: "They just curse a lot, so it's not that bad. Just don't say the F-word yourself, okay?"

She's funny.

We got to the parking lot nice & early for a bit of pre-partying - drank some beers, ate our picnic dinners, talked, and threw the ol' pig skin around...




MMMMmmmmm......Beeer.....
One of my favorite parts of this experience - the fact that they show a cartoon before the movie! Love it.

Oh, Keanu - you were so damn cute in the 90's!

4 comments:

LoLo said...

I am so bummed, I missed the "Clueless" night didn't I?!

Beth B said...

Nope, you sure didn't!! Clueless isn't until July - YAY! :)

LoLo said...

awesome!!! You have to call me if you are going!!

Beth B said...

I surely will, darlin'! :) It'll be a fun night!