Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Christmas this year...

A letter to my friends:

It's that time of year again!
I don't know about you guys, but it has been quite another amazing year for me. I've had some hard times, but more awesome times - and every moment of the latter I credit to all of you.

This December marks my first official year living in my apartment downtown and as many of you know - paying for rent, food, and to quote Destiny's Child: Bills, Bills, Bills (while also having a good time and divulging in our spontaneous youth every now & then) can take quite a toll on the old bank account. I'm sure there are many of you in worse circumstances than me - as I still (thank GOD) have a job, and an (albeit modest) income. However I was recently reminded of how poor my financial situation has become - not necessarily due to carelessness, but more so due to unforeseen events that have caused my checking and credit card accounts to plummet. Most of which had to do with a certain elderly kitty cat, and a poor little blue car that died.

And after that long-winded explanation, I come to my conclusion. I unfortunately will not be able to give Christmas gifts this year. There I said it! Ugh!
In an effort to make this holiday season a little less strenuous on your finances as well - please do not worry about getting a gift for me! I hope that you can all understand my situation. The good news about all of this? I will instead be spreading my usual Christmas cheer around even MORE this year for all to hear! Just because I will not be able to give traditional gifts does not mean that this holiday season will not be as wonderful as it always is. I will be baking lots of cookies, wearing lots of red & green (and my santa hat), embarrassing you all by singing carols at inappropriate moments, and trying desperately to show you all how much I love you.

Just think about Mister Grinch. Well - not the Grinch at the beginning of the story - but the Grinch at the end! It's not about all of the gifts and wahoozits - it's about family, friendship, and love! Well, and lil' baby Jesus of course, but it's still all in the spirit of the season. :)

Thank you all for being such wonderful people, and such amazing friends. I love you all so freakin' much.

No comments: