Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Insanity!! It's, well...insane, really.

I wasn’t going to bring this up before, ‘cause I wasn’t even sure if I was going to do it full out.  I started doing the “Insanity” workout videos 10 days ago, and they’re kicking my BUTT!  I thought I was in relatively good shape before, but man, I was wrong.

These videos are probably the hardest workouts I’ve ever done.  It’s like doing a boot camp class 6 days / week!  The last time I went to a boot camp I couldn’t walk like a normal person without wincing in pain for about 5 days.  Same thing here – but I had to keep going!

I gotta say – it has been hard already getting up and doing these workouts.  Every time I hit snooze I think “I don’t want to get up and deal with Shawn T and his crazy workout!”  But once I get going (getting started is the hardest part), I really get going.  I want to hit it hard, and I want to finish strong.  I’m sweating like crazy, but I feel amazing when I’m done!

The plan goes for 60 days total, which seems like a lot since I’m only 10 days in!  But the payoff?  I’m ready for it.  I’m already seeing little results just over a week into it, which is kind of nuts when you think about it.  I’m down 4 pounds already since starting!  WHOA!!  That means only 16 pounds left to reach my goal.  Hellz yeah.

This program boasts crazy results (you've HAD to have seen the infomercial by now - it's on all the time), and I have a feeling it has a lot of basis to go on.  This is tough stuff, I'm not going to lie.  But the fact that I'm already feeling stronger, I have more energy throughout the day than I have in a very long time, and that I'm already dropping some pounds... that's pretty awesome! 


See what they're doing in that picture?  Those are jump squats.  They SUCK.  Haha! 

Anyhoodle, I'm going to stick with this, and see what happens.  I've been combining this with Weight Watchers to hopefully reach my goal weight!  I am basically doing the old Core plan that I did before, and tracking everything on a sheet I customized for myself.  

Yay for getting a toned, lean body back!!  I'm sick of being self-conscious about my figure (my tummy is the part I hate the most), and I want to feel strong and confident again.  This is the way I'm gonna do it!  WOOHOO!! 

No comments: