Monday, September 26, 2011

Tomato, Asparagus, Mushroom Pizza - plus, Das Hustlehoff 5k!

One of my favorite quick-meals to make is pizza with a big 13" tortilla instead of dough.  It's like having a pre-made pizza crust around all the time!  I like to buy the different flavors that they sell at the Farmer's market, but any kind will do.  I can eat a whole one by myself, but if you're watching portions, you could easily split this with someone!  

Tomato, Asparagus & Mushroom Pizza (personal-size)
- 1 13" tortilla
- 1/2 a heirloom tomato (sliced)
- 4-5 mushrooms (sliced)
- 4-5 stalks of asparagus (cut length-wise in half)
- tomato sauce (about 1/3 a cup)
- your choice of cheese (I used a mozzarella / provolone blend, with a little bit of asiago)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Meanwhile, assemble your pizza!  I use a spoon to spread out the sauce, then I do the cheese next, and the vegetable toppings last.  Like so:

I like to arrange everything so it's pretty-like! 

Next, season everything with a little bit of salt & pepper, and garlic salt if desired.  I like to spray the top with oil as well. 

Pop it in the oven and cook for about 5-10 minutes!  When the edges start getting crispy, it's ready to go.  Let it cool for a minute before cutting too - it makes it a little easier since the tortilla makes for a flimsy crust.  Using a large spatula, carefully lift each piece and transfer to a plate.  Enjoy!

Yep, I may have to have this again for dinner tonight!  YUM!


On another non-food related note - Fall is definitely here!  I loved the wind rustling through the leaves outside my work the other day that I took a pic while relaxing on my break... 


More lovely fall pictures to come soon! 

OH, and did I mention that Stacey & I finished our 5k last weekend??? Well we did!!  It was for the Das Hustlehoff 5k in downtown Denver - for Oktoberfest.  They encouraged people to come "in costume" so naturally, I did!  What's funny is that I already owned that costume - I've had it under my bed for ages just in case I needed it.  It came in handy after all! 

 

I love these shots of us crossing the finish line together.  We're so damn happy!  We finished in 33 minutes 38 seconds - no walking.  I was elated, and we already signed up for our next race!  WE ROCK!! :)


Stacey & I celebrating with free beer after the race.  I'm so proud of us!

No comments: