Monday, August 2, 2010

Things I Want to Do

I had every intention of starting my week off on a high note. But life doesn't necessarily go the way you hope it to all the time.

With a couple of mini-breakdowns, an argument with my sister, and in general feeling deflated and confused about where my life is at the moment turns out to be a pretty crappy (and overwhelming) way to spend your day.

I had intentions of sharing my weekend cooking creations with you and some funny pictures, but I think that will have to wait until tomorrow, as I'm not feeling all that joyous / quippy / clever at the moment.

I want to get to the bottom of this funk and squash it's beginnings with the heel of my Etnies skate shoe, so in an effort to do so, I made a little list of "goals". Well, I titled it "Things I Want to Do", but close enough. Here goes (in no particular order):

Travel more.
Learn to play the piano again.
Get a job that means something to me / that I can be passionate about.
Meet the love of my life.
Get in better shape / have a regular exercise regimen.
Not drink as much alcohol.
Sleep better.
Feel confident and strong.
Be more compassionate.
Not feel angry anymore.
Let things go.
Pay off my debt.
Make the world a better place (even if it’s just a small contribution).
Learn another language.
Do yoga every day.

Some are inevitably going to take longer than others, but hey, it's a start. And it made me feel better in a small way, just laying it all out there in writing.

Tomorrow is a new day - a time to start fresh. What are some of the things you'd like to do?

No comments: