Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Double Dare & Sunday Lunch


After finding out all about the awesomeness that is Zoe Bell, I had to rent the documentary about her and the infamous Jeannie Eggers and the story of them being stunt women. It's called "Double Dare" and I absolutely loved it! It made me want to re-watch Kill Bill too, and watch Zoe in action while doubling for Uma Thurman. She's got MAD moves!

On top of that, I had an amazing salad that I based off something I had at one of my favorite Denver restaurants, The Hornet. I think their version had candied nuts and cheese, but I didn't include them. Here's the recipe:

Salmon & Mango Salad (my version)
- Fresh spinach leaves & mixed greens
- Roasted salmon fillet (I just defrosted a frozen one, wrapped it in foil after drizzling with lemon juice, salt, and olive oil - then popped it in the oven at 275 for about 15 mins)
- Mango salsa (I just bought a pre-made version from Whole Foods)
- frozen asparagus
- vinaigrette

Combine everything on your salad plate & enjoy! It's okay if the salmon is still a little warm - it's a wonderful contrast to the mango salsa. YUM!

No comments: