Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weird Dream about Langhorne Slim show

I had a weird-ass dream last night.


I'm really looking forward to seeing Langhorne Slim perform again on Thursday night, so maybe that's what triggered it.


I was at the show (in my dream), and dancing around. Suddenly the sound went out. My friend Kat ran up on stage, and grabbed this huge plug that had fallen out of the socket in the wall. She plugged it back in again, and we all thought the problem had been solved. Then this cop appears on stage and says that Mister Langhorne himself (Shawn I believe his name is) was under arrest for possession of Marijuana. So I stand up and start telling the cop off! The cop shoots remarks at me, and I come back at him with some of the most witty and to-the-point comments that have ever left my lips. I'm clearly winning the argument, and I feel good about standing up for one of my favorite musicians - even the crowd is cheering for me. They still end up cuffing him and taking him off stage, but the worst part was that Shawn gave me a terribly dirty look as they took him out. As if to say "gee, thanks a lot you loud-mouthed moron". It felt awful, and I felt so stupid! Although my friends consoled me, and another band started playing instead - I was really confused as to how I had offended him.


Don't know where any of that came from, but I really hope that none of it happens on Thursday! I'm looking forward to an awesome show, so here's hoping the cops stay at bay. And that I can keep my big mouth shut (for the most part). :)

No comments: