Friday, October 30, 2009

Better

I'm feelin' better today.

Although the Langhorne Slim show was canceled in Denver last night due to the ridiculous amount of snow we got (18" in October -whaaa?) I'm still feeling in better spirits than I was yesterday. Most of it had to do with my awesome friends. I had them over for dinner before walking over to the Hi-Dive (and being sadly disappointed with the "canceled" note on the door). But we laughed, and ate, and even put on a Christmas record that I found at Goodwill the weekend before.

As we made our way to the bar, we slid on the streets, threw snowballs at each other and admired the beautiful snow that was still falling.
When we saw that the show was canceled, we walked across the street to an Irish pub where we had a couple of drinks then headed home.

Luckily the early evening gave me enough time to prep the ingredients for my Butternut Squash & Cheddar Bread Pudding that I am planning on making for a party tonight, and finish washing most of my dishes.


I did all of this while listening to the Christmas record too - when "Jingle Bells" sung by Barbara Streisand came on, I smiled to myself.


So all in all - I'm doing better. And all it took was some good friends, a few laughs, and Barbara Streisand. :)

No comments: