Monday, July 14, 2008

Summertime, and it's flyin' by fast!

This summer has been flying by SO fast!! I know they say "time flies when you're having fun", and boy-oh-boy is that true. So far my summer has been packed with all kinds of crazy good times including (but not limited to):



- The Flip Cup Tournament (see pic at right)
- Numerous outdoor lunches at Illegal Petes & Wahoo's Fish Tacos
- Softball league (Team Davis' Evil Twin! I can't wait until the day we win a game)
- Volleyball in Wash Park
- The ZOO
- Camping (various locations, drunken debauchery, bug bites, sunburns, sparklers, random hilarity, etc)
- Film on the Rocks
- Girl's nights on the town
- Happy Hours
- NYC / Atlanta trips
- 5k Races & Duathlon Training

So yah, it's been a really great time. I know it sounds kinda weird, but I'm sort of hoping it starts going by just a smidgen faster. OK -- before you get on my case, it's not because I WANT there to be less summertime for any reason! But the sooner October rolls around, the more money I'll have saved up (hopefully) and the sooner I'll be able to get into my own apartment again. My parents have been so wonderful about my whole "staying with them" for the past year and a half, and I'm definitely not looking forward to paying for my own groceries again. ;) But I'm ready to get my own place, and move on to that next phase of my life!

So summertime -- it's not that I don't love ya. We've had so many good times as it is. But I'm looking forward to moving on to my new relationship with the Fall. It's not you, it's me!

1 comment:

G said...

I do love that picture, but apparently cops don't believe you when you wear wigs and have red bandannas in your hair!