Tuesday, July 8, 2008




I'm back from Atlanta!

I had a wonderful time visiting Phil over the 4th of July weekend. He definitely did his homework with finding awesome places for us to stuff our faces with delicious food, and enjoy the wonderful Hot-lanta weather. OK, we enjoyed it more with A/C -- but it was still dang fun!


On the far left is me & Phil getting ready for a night on the town. We were on our way to meet up with his friends Kaveh & Homa at a Brazilian restaurant for deeeelicious tapas! The flowers to the right were ALL over the place around the city -- in bright fuschia and red -- they were so lovely I had to snap a picture.


The bottom pic is of me singing "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar at LIVE BAND KARAOKE! Yes, you heard that right, folks. They had a live band play all night, where you could pay a mere 5 bucks to sing your favorite rock song. I channelled the power of Benatar and had an awesome time. Phil is now officially my biggest fan. I told him I'd get him a backstage pass when I play at Madison Square Garden. And just in case you're wondering -- I'll have the video up soon. Just 'cause I love ya. ;)

To the right (purple pics) are just me & Phil stuff. The first one was right before I rocked out onstage karaoke-style (Phil says I look like Courtney Cox in that pic -- which is cool with me, 'cause she's hot stuff), and the 2nd one is right after a yummy breakfast at Bluebird. They had the greatest home made biscuits & veggie-gravy I've ever had. We got in to eat just before the sky opened up and started POURING down rain. There's an old graveyard across the street from the restaurant, and I told Phil if the rain kept up, we might be dining with the dead.

Below is a picture of the inside of Phil's fridge. I always said that he was the most organized and cleanest boy I knew. Here's the picture to prove it! If you look closely, you'll see that all the yogurt container's labels are facing forward.... :)

To the right of that, is the vegetarian omelet (complete with vegetarian sausage) breakfast that Phil cooked up for me. The coffee is Gevalia (I drank 3 cups... yowza) and in that wine glass is a Mimosa! Why the hell is this guy still single?? He must hide his culinary skills for only an elite few. Makes me feel all special & stuff.

So there's the gist of what all went down during my fabulous 4th of July trip to Atlanta! We did catch some fireworks on the 4th, and hit up a go-kart racing place (where we just ended up playing arcade games all day. I kind of kicked Phil's butt too -- but don't tell him I told you).

All-in-all it was a great trip, and I'm so glad I went. Can't wait to hear how all of your weekends were spent! :)

No comments: