Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Well hello, 2012!

Hope you all had an amazing New Year's!  Mine was spent with some good friends, lots of homemade tacos, and too much champagne.  But we had a really fun time. :)


Unfortunately I'm starting off the new year SICK, which is a total bummer as I have been gearing up to start this year off right!  However I'm still managing to keep on eating healthfully (including plenty of soup and teas), but the workouts have come to a brief halt though until my body can fight off the sludge that's nestled in my chest.  Uck.

John has already purchased a pull-up bar / workout bench system thingy (it has a name, I just can't remember it), that apparently worked really well for him in the past when his roommate had one before.  He also downloaded the INSANITY workouts, so he's getting on top of things too!  I'm so proud.

I'm also starting up roller derby again next week which will definitely be a shock to my system.  I prepared by getting a huge bag of Epsom salts for post-practice sore-muscle soaks (that I'm sure will be much needed)!  It'll be great to get back into shape again though, and I can't wait to see all of my girls.  It's been a little over 4 MONTHS since I've played the game - holy crap!!  I hope I still remember everything!

All-in-all, I'm really looking forward to everything that this year will bring.  I have a very positive outlook right now, and I'm really excited to start making things happen.  I'm looking forward to tackling my list of "things to accomplish", and it's going to be really fun to see where those things will take me.

Wishing you all the best in 2012!  Happy New Year! :)


photo from www.weheartit.com

No comments: