Monday, January 30, 2012

Short-cut Peanut Butter Rice Pudding

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!  Mine was relaxing, but not nearly long enough... 

I did get a bit of a sweet tooth craving on Friday night, but I didn't have anything in the cupboard pre-made that I could satisfy it with.  I did find some cooked brown rice in the fridge though, so I figured I'd start there!  And to my surprise, my concoction turned out DELICIOUS and I'm totally going to make it again.  


Beth's Short-cut Peanut Butter Rice Pudding (vegan)
serves 1
Ingredients
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 to 1 cup of soy or almond milk
1 tbsp maple syrup (or other sweetener - honey, brown sugar, etc)
1 tbsp peanut butter (preferably no sugar added)
1 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup vanilla soy yogurt
honey (for drizzling - optional)
slivered almonds (or other nuts - optional)

Directions
In a small saucepan, add rice, soymilk, maple syrup, and peanut butter - warm over medium-high heat, and stir well so that everything is blended.

Heat everything through, then add cornstarch and mix well until thickened.

Dump rice mixture into a bowl or mug and top with the vanilla soy yogurt, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with almonds. 

Enjoy!



I also had the chance to make some vegan muffins over the weekend too - apple & raisin with brown sugar baked on top.  They were delish!  It was from a really simple recipe in How it All Vegan, my favorite cookbook on the planet.  You'll have to check out the book from the library (or heck, just buy it) for that recipe! :) 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! I am so going to try this. :)