Monday, January 23, 2012

A bit of a stinky Monday, but I can make it work.

This morning started off great - Stacey and I did a 20 minute run, and hashed out relationship stuff, gave some advice, and started our day right!

Then I got into work and things kinda went downhill from there... I won't get into the boring details, but there was some arguing with certain family members, anger and crying, and a whole crap-load of frustration.  It's been bringing me down all day, which bugs me that I let it do that - but I guess it happens.

Sigh.

Anyway, I told my awesome derby wife Quentin (Megan), about my shithole of a morning, and here's what she had to say:

"Sorry to hear you are having a shitty morning.  How about a picture of a delicious strawberry to cheer you up?" (see attachment):


That's why I love this girl.  :)

After that, I tried to remind myself of good things so that I could stop wallowing in my own frustrations.  I reminded myself that John and I had a fantastic weekend, and welcomed a good friend back into town.  We got to see a TON of awesome friends, sleep in, and relax.

I'm also down 11 pounds.  Oh yeah, I may have mentioned that. ;)

Also, I'm going to do a recap of all of the money I HAVEN'T spent this month due to my spending fast.  I've been keeping a chart for everything that I wanted to buy (but didn't), or things that I in general just had to say "no" to.  It's been helping to give me a visual of how much money I could have spent, and how well I'm doing so far.  I don't want to give away the surprise, but it's a pretty significant sum!  It makes me happy and mad all at the same time because I never realized how much I was spending every month on things that I don't need!

Anyway, that's all for now.  I hope your week is off to a good start!  Just remember, don't let those shitty things get you down.  I swear, when I think of it - there are way more good things in my life than those sucky things that seem to wash out everything else when they happen. 

Also, Kendra and I are going to a free yoga class tonight.  See?  Just keeps getting better.

There you are, optimism!  I missed you. ;)

No comments: