Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Breakfast is Beautiful

I think mornings are my most favorite part of the day.  You're just beginning new again, the sun is coming up, you're rubbing the sleep from your eyes & stretching, you have no idea what today will bring, and you get to enjoy the first meal of the day.

I love breakfast foods.  LOVE them.  I love eggs over-easy, eggs benedict.  I love tofu scrambles with lots of vegetables.  I love toast with fresh strawberries, and a cup of tea.  I love a steaming hot cup of coffee with an english muffin.  I love pancakes & waffles with fresh fruit.  I love a traditional English breakfast (vegetarian-style), with baked beans, toast, and fake sausage links.

I love waking up after a good night of sleep, early enough to prepare myself for the day.  I love hearing the birds sing, seeing low beams of sunlight stream through the window.  I love a warm shower and putting on my fuzzy slippers to shuffle into the kitchen and make myself a freshly-squeezed juice.  I love seeing the darkness turn into light.

I have really been digging all of the breakfast photography that I've been seeing lately too!  I think since I've been cooking more, I've been appreciating food photography a lot - but the breakfast ones really stand out to me.  I think it's the lighting that does it - it reminds me of all of those feelings that I have when I'm starting the day!










I actually wish that I could get myself up even earlier than I usually do to enjoy a leisurely breakfast.  What's funny though is that most days of the week I'm up about 3-hours before I need to leave the house so that I can workout, have a shower, make & eat my breakfast, and make & pack my lunch for work (then clean everything up) - without having to rush.

The only thing that would make it better is if I had enough time to sit down and read some of my book while enjoying breakfast, or work on a crossword puzzle / sudoku puzzle or something!  :)





Sometimes something as simple as a cup of tea with toast & jelly really hits the spot!

When I was doing my search for the above images (all found on www.weheartit.com - of course!), a lot of pictures came up for one of my most favorite movies of all time - Breakfast at Tiffany's, starring the wonderfully elegant Audrey Hepburn.


I almost forgot how much I love this movie, and I'm going to have to watch it again soon!  I absolutely love the character of Holly Golightly - she's strange, and loveable, and so scared of falling in love.  I think one of my favorite lines comes near the end of the movie... the whole time she's calling (the love interest) Fred, because she says "you remind me of my brother, Fred.  May I call you Fred?" - even though his name is Paul.  At the end of the film, he's had enough.  "My name is not, nor has it ever been Fred!  My name is Paul!  Paul Varjack, and I love you!"

Sigh, love it!


Wake up, Miss Golightly!  Time for breakfast!  :)  Oh, how I adore that eyemask.  Absolutely hilarious.

If you're into breakfast time as much as I am, I encourage you to check out the blog Simply Breakfast.  She takes beautiful photographs of her morning-time meals, and I just love looking at them every day!  Here are a couple of them just to give you an idea...




Her lighting and compositions are just lovely, and I get some great ideas of new recipes to make from her pictures!

If you're the type of person that always wakes up late, and is rushing out the door for work - I encourage you to try and take a little more time for yourself.  It's so wonderful to start your day relaxed and to have the time to mentally and physically prepare for whatever your day may bring.

Happy mornings to you! :)

1 comment:

global sourcing in the textile and apparel industry said...

I think mornings are my most favorite part of the day. You're just beginning new again, the sun is coming up, you're rubbing the sleep from your eyes & stretching, you have no idea what today will bring, and you get to enjoy the first meal of the day. full black plain black salwar suit , black dress salwar kameez ,