Monday, June 27, 2011

What a lovely weekend!

This past weekend was really lovely!!  

I got to spend Saturday morning with my mom, which is always great.  We rode our bikes to the Farmer's Market, and picked up tons of fresh fruits & vegetables.  We were both smitten with these flowers, so my mom had to buy a couple of bunches of them! 


Aren't they just gorgeous??  I have no idea what kind they are, but we just loved them.  Since we were on our bikes it was hard figuring out how we were going to get everything home (without squishing it all), but my mom just let the flowers stick out the top of her backpack.  It worked just fine! 


After that we went to one of my favorite restaurants in Denver; Watercourse.  We met up with our friend Deb, and one of her friends that is visiting from out of town.  It was DEEELICIOUS! 

That night I skated in the Gays VS Straights bout as a fundraiser for the Rocky Mountain Rollergirls.  It was a super duper fun bout, and I had a blast.  I wish that I could go into every bout feeling that relaxed & easygoing!  We played great, and my team (the Gays - aka "Taco Belles") won in the end.  I felt exhilarated - it was a great way to start my break from Derby. 

Sunday I got up and made myself a big beautiful breakfast with some of the stuff we got at the Farmer's Market... 


I know.  It was just as tasty as it looks. :) 

Then I headed out to help a couple of friends move.  After that I got some cleaning done at home, and even packed up 2 boxes of stuff to go to John's place (holy crap am I on top of my game or what!?)!  Yah, I know I'm not technically moving out until late July, but whatevz.  Better to start early than late!  

Then I went to see the Cherry Poppin' Daddies play a show at an event downtown for free - we danced our assess off, and it was an absolute blast.  I haven't seen those guys play since 1998.  Whoa. 

After that I went over to Civic Center Park to watch a free screening of "Field of Dreams" with friends - which I've never seen before.  It was a lovely story, and I enjoyed it very much. 

 
All-in-all, it was a great weekend.  I'm hoping for even more relaxing / sleep-in time this weekend, especially since it's a long one!  I love the 4th of July!! :)

OH, and did I mention that I only spent about $20 total the entire weekend?  Yeah, I was pretty excited about that.  Amazing how much fun you can have for free, huh? :)

No comments: