Friday, June 3, 2011

Easy Soba Noodle Dinner & Sparkly Eye Makeup!

Last night I made this ridiculously easy thing for dinner, so I thought I'd share.  It's quick, easy, healthy, delicious, AND vegan!  WOOT!!  So much amazing all in one place! 


Soba Noodle & Shitake Mushroom Bowl
Serves 1

1 tbsp coconut oil (or vegetable oil) 
Buckwheat Soba Noodles (I used the pre-cooked kind in the refrigerated section.  I love this stuff - you just heat it up for a minute in boiling water, and it's done!  You can use uncooked too of course.)
Red or yellow onion (about 1/4 of a large one, sliced into strips)
3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
6-7 medium-sized shitake mushrooms (sliced)
Braggs Liquid Amino Acids (OR Soy Sauce), about 1 tbsp
Hoisin Sauce
Hot sauce (optional), Syiracha is my favorite!


Cook the soba noodles according to package directions.

Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a large pan on medium heat.  Throw in the onions & garlic, and cook until slightly tender.  Turn up the heat to medium high, and throw in the mushrooms.  When they've slightly browned (about 2 minutes), turn off the heat, and splash with the Braggs or Soy Sauce (stir well).

Put the Soba noodles in a bowl, and top with desired amount of Hoisin sauce (I used about 1-2 tbsp).  Mix thoroughly, then top with the veggies and hot sauce.

------------------------------

On another note, have I told you how much I love my Urban Decay glitter eyeliner?  It's FANTASTIC.  Not your boring old black-or-brown eyeliner.  It GLITTERS!!!  And it comes in all kinds of fun colors.  No, I'm not getting paid in eyeliner for this.  Although I should be.... 

Here's where you can find them!  You can also find them at Sephora (my personal choice).  

Today I wanted to spice up my usual makeup choices.  Here's how I got this look: 


After applying my usual concealer & powder, I used some of my lavender purple eyeshadow
Underneath I took a thin brush, and lightly tapped some white shimmer powder in the corner & bottom of my eye.  

Then I took a reddish / pinkish lip liner, and lined my eyes.  A lot of places don't sell these colors as eyeliners, but lipliners work fine!  I like to use something in a similar color as a base to the glitter eyeliner, because they're slightly sheer, and this way they stand out more.  Just be sure to not let the liner meet your eye - leave a little gap (this should be pretty easy to do). 

Take a long lasting black eyeliner (well sharpened), and fill in the gap that you left with your reddish / pinkish liner (along the lashes). 

Whip out your glitter liner, and paint it on top of the reddish / pinkish liner.  

Put on your mascara, and you're done!  Yay!


 

No comments: