Friday, August 23, 2013

Elizabethtown - it's all in the timing

I just re-watched Elizabethtown tonight.


It's not a great movie, and the first time I saw it I thought - meh, it's ok.
This time around I liked it a little more.

I'm not sure why, but it's been about 8 years since the last time I saw it.  Really when you think about it - a lot's changed in 8 years.  With me, with my life, with the world - all that junk.

It's funny how when we change, the way we see things change.  You can read a book, watch a movie, or meet a person - and everything is different.  You experience it completely differently than you did before!  It's certainly not something you think of at the time, but the second time around you think:  Man, I can totally relate to this movie.  Or man, this person GETS ME.  Or holy shit - why didn't I see this before?  It was right in front of my face!


Anyway, it's just funny.  Funny how things change.  How we change.

I liked this movie better the second time around.  The way they dealt with death.  With family.  With the insecurities that come with love - and the security that comes from finding someone who gets you.  It's kind of beautiful when you see it that way.

And it made me want to go on a road trip - really bad!  Ha!

You should check it out if you want a nice melancholy movie with a damn good soundtrack.  :)  It's a nice distraction.  Enjoy it.

No comments: