Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Currently Reading - Don't Breathe A Word

This month for book club we're reading "Don't Breathe A Word" by Jennifer McMahon.  

I'm about halfway through this book at the moment, and I can't put it down!  It's a very strange and creepy story, and really exciting.

It follows two stories - one of 12-year old Lisa, back 15 years ago, just before she dissapeared into the woods.  The other of 30-something year old Phoebe - the girl that just so happened to fall in love with Lisa's older brother years after her dissapearance.  Phoebe is trying to figure out the mystery of what happened, and understand what all of this talk is about faeries - and the very mysterious shadowman.... the supposed King of Faeries.

Here is the full synopsis from the back of the book (via Amazon.com): On a soft summer night in Vermont, twelve-year-old Lisa went into the woods behind her house and never came out again. Before she disappeared, she told her little brother, Sam, about a door that led to a magical place where she would meet the King of the Fairies and become his queen.

Fifteen years later, Phoebe is in love with Sam, a practical, sensible man who doesn’t fear the dark and doesn’t have bad dreams—who, in fact, helps Phoebe ignore her own. But suddenly the couple is faced with a series of eerie, unexplained occurrences that challenge Sam’s hardheaded, realistic view of the world. As they question their reality, a terrible promise Sam made years ago is revealed—a promise that could destroy them all.

Anyhoodle, I've been really enjoying it!!

Other than that I've been busy busy busy preparing to leave my current job, and start my new one at the bakery!  It's amazing how much time it takes to wrap up 5 1/2 years of work - 2 weeks just ain't enough!  

Although I'm very excited about this new step in my life, I've been feeling a little nostalgic.  I mean, I put 5 1/2 years of work into this position - that's a decent chunk of my life!  It's going to be strange starting over again, and leaving the comfort of it.  I might even miss my little basement office once in a while.  

I'm so thrilled about all of the changes that are happening right now though.  It's a weird and happy time for me - all wrapped in one! 

Feelin' lots of love & changes comin' on! 

No comments: