Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Job Jitters

I gotta sit down and get real with you here for a sec... 

...I'm scared.

I kind of just realized it today.  I'm 1-week away from starting my new job, and I've got butterflies in my tummy - not just with excitement, but there's definitely some fear in there too. 

What if I can't make ends meet with how much I'm getting paid?

What if I absolutely hate it? 

What if I totally suck? 

What if / what if / WHAT IF!?!?

I'm going a little bit crazy... mostly about the money thing.  I have been working so hard to pay off my debt, and this will be taking a huge step back for me financially.  I'm trying to think of the big picture (happiness / future career / all that jazz), but it is certainly a bit jarring.  All of these "what if's" are swimming in my brain and making me dizzy. 

I need to stay calm and breathe. 

I need to take it one day at a time. 

I see why people stay at jobs for so long once they're comfortable there - even if they hate it!  It's easier.  It's convenient.  There's no fear of the unknown.  You've already built up the trust, and now I have to earn it all over again.  I have to learn how to do things again.  I will be out of my comfort zone. 

I think these are all pretty valid fears, and I'm sure a lot of people go through the exact same thing, and ask themselves the same questions.  But I'm going to face those fears.  It's scary, yes, but I can't keep living my life without taking that risk.  

Walk face-first into the "What If" and say I don't really know right now, but I'll figure it out!

That's what I'm going through at the moment.

I'm scared, but I'll be okay.  A life lived in fear is not a life at all.  

Wish me luck...


No comments: