Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dealing with stuff - Song For Sid

I know I haven't been around as much lately...  I got sick this week with a pretty bad cold, and only just started feeling better last night.  Luckily it was just in time for the Langhorne Slim show at the Bluebird (he's probably my most favorite singer/songwriter and live performer on the planet).

He performed a new song that he wrote about his grandpa, Sid - and I was tearing up pretty bad.  Here is a video:





It's just such a lovely simple song, and with all of the stuff I've been going through lately with people getting older, people on the verge of dying - it made me sad.  I've been thinking a lot about how precious life is and how we need to enjoy every moment, and make our lives the best they can be.  Eat well so that we can live our lives fully.  Exercise so that we can be strong enough to chase our kids or play with the dog.  Educate ourselves so that we can always continue to learn.  Love deeply.  Cherish friendships.  Dance. 

After seeing my grandmas in Pennsylvania I thought a lot about life and death.  Happiness and sadness.  I think a lot about John's mom too, who may not be with us much longer due to cancer.

People come into our lives, people go.  Every story has a beginning, a middle, and an end. 

Just thinking about these things right now...

1 comment:

Recipes with Tom said...

Great reading yourr blog post