Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Did everyone have an amazing Thanksgiving??  I sure as heckfire did! :) 


I took a couple of extra days off work, and spent time with my fella and his sister Angela (in town visiting from Oklahoma).  She's hilarious, by the way.  Her and John were cracking me up ALL weekend. 



Here's the spread from our Thanksgiving Day!  Everything turned out AMAZING, and I think I'd make every single thing again.  Here are a couple of my favorites: 

Not only was this ridiculously easy to make, but it was DELICIOUS, and made for some fantastic leftovers! 

Can you tell I like recipes from Real Simple Magazine? ;)  This was another super easy one - I just substituted vegetarian italian sausage instead of the real stuff.  It was a huge hit, and a great balance of sweet & savory.  I loved that it was unique from the usual stuffing we have.

Double-down Tofurkey
The one on the right is actually Tofurkey Wellington, but personally I think the one on the left (which is just marinated Tofurkey) was the best.  I just marinated it overnight in some soy sauce, red wine vinegar, maple syrup, crushed garlic, and hot pepper flakes.  It was very tangy!

 Oh, what a beautiful plate! :) 

Some more pictures from the dinner.... 



After we indulged in all of the yummy delicious goodness, we all headed out for our usual post-dinner walk.  I think it's a great tradition that our family has gotten into the habit of doing (and it prevents all of us from going into a complete food-coma afterward).  


Jazz hands!

 Parkour to you!








That's a snowball about to come at me!!




We are really a bunch of insane people, you know. 

As is my way, I'm going to make a little list of what I'm thankful for this year.  There may be some repeats from the last time around, but I don't really care.  I'm probably thankful for it twice. ;) 

Things I'm Thankful for (in no particular order)
- the roof over my head, the clothes on my back, the food on my plate.
- my wonderful family and friends.
- snow.
- police officers, firemen, emergency room doctors, and everyone else who works their butt off during the holidays to keep others safe.
- cookies.  all of them.
- leftovers.
- seatbelts.
- Stuff You Should Know (the podcast).
- finally living in a place that has heat.
- flowers, trees, mountains, grass, rivers, oceans.
- farmer's markets.
- my bikes.
- roller derby.
- faith.
- love.
- hugs, high-fives, and handshakes.
- milkshakes.
- wine. 
- Nikki's beautiful little boy, Nico.
- christmas lights.
- music.
- laughter.

That's all I can come up with right now, but I think that pretty much sums it up! ;) 

I truly hope you and your families had a wonderful, beautiful, delicious Thanksgiving! 
XO

No comments: