Friday, April 8, 2011

The time has come...

...for me to jump-start my life! 

I just started a new blog HERE to track my progress while taking on a Total Body Transformation.  A bunch of the girls that I play derby with have already started the program, and it's about time that I got started as well.  Here are the basics of what I will be taking on in order to change my body (inside & out) and my life! 


Vigorous exercise 5x a week!  This does not just mean derby practice.... this means working out regularly (and vigorously) at least 5x / week.  This will be a heckuva challenge or me, as right now I work out about 3-4x a week tops.  

As far as healthy eating goes....

NO-NO'S
NO SUGARS
NO WHITE BREAD / RICE
NO ALCOHOL
NO CHEESE
NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS

YES-YES’S
LOW SODIUM
WHOLE GRAINS (limit breads, pastas, and tortillas)
PROTIENS (egg whites, tofu, beans, natural peanut butter, nuts, lentils, tempeh, seitan, quinoa)
FRUITS & VEGGIES

 
The good part about this is that I will get 1 cheat day a week where I can have some indulgences.  I will probably try not to go TOO overboard on this, because I know what it's like to get over a sugar withdrawal, and boy - it's rough!  

I will be tracking my progress on my new blog (I already posted on there with my goals & such), so feel free to follow me there, and keep me in check!  I will be posting my daily food diary and workouts so that I can be held accountable. 

So wish me luck!!  If anybody wants to join me on my journey, please let me know!  It's always nice to have a buddy. :)

 

No comments: