Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Holidays & New Year's Eve 2010

I had a WONDERFUL Christmas with my family, and I hope you all did too! We had such a wonderful & warm day, went for a walk, ate egg casserole (a family tradition), drank egg nog lattes (My little sister makes the best!), opened gifts, played with our new stuff, ate WAY too much, played games with friends, drank wine - it was really really beautiful!

Next up is New Year's Eve! Looking back, 2010 was a pretty awesome year. I made some new friends, lost some weight, gained some weight, learned some things, discovered new foods & recipes, took some trips, and discovered my love for Roller Derby. All in all, it's been great!

Surprisingly, I didn't hear of any people having any kind of big NYE bash this year. I hate going into the city for this holiday - the crowds, the cost (bars LOVE taking advantage of the people out & about this time of year), and the DUIs. YIKES! I usually stick to parties, but there just don't seem to be any happening!

But you know what? That's A-OK with me. I'm going to get together with some of my closest pals, drink some wine, play some games, and take it easy this time around. Who says the new year has to be kicked off with a huge bash? I'll be spending it with the people I love, and that's what matters the most.

My Christmas morning pictures will be up soon, but until then, have a wonderfully happy & safe New Year! :)



No comments: