Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Oreo Cookie Snowballs

I made this recipe over the weekend, and was shocked at how easy it was! They came out delicious too, and everyone has really enjoyed them. I also made some cinnamon & sugar roasted pecans & almonds this weekend as well - and I gotta say, nothing is funnier than saying "would you like a ball or a nut?"

Hehe! Yes, I'm a child.


Holiday Oreo Cookie Snowballs
- 1 package of oreo cookies
- 1 package of cream cheese

- 1 package of white chocolate almond bark (the recipe called for 8oz, but I used much more than that because I kept messing up the dipping process. You can find this in the baking aisle of the grocery store)

- red & green sprinkles


Pulse cookies in a food processor until they're all crumbles.
Add cream cheese and pulse until it forms a dough.

Refrigerate for 15 mins.

Roll the dough into bite-sized balls, and refrigerate again on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper for another 15 mins (trust me, this step helps!)

Microwave the almond bark in a bowl (start with low heat), and stir until smooth.
I had trouble with the "dipping" process, but after a few different attempts realized that the best way to do this would be to drop each ball into the chocolate, flop it over a few times with a spoon, then scoop it out and set each back onto the wax paper.

Get the sprinkles on top before the chocolate hardens, then pop 'em in the fridge! YUM!


Photo borrowed from this flickr site, since I didn't think to take a photo of mine! :)

No comments: