Saturday, September 20, 2008

My First Duathlon!

OK - I meant to post this a while ago, but I'm a procrastinator, so there. :)

My first Duathlon (the Fall Frenzy 2008) was held in Parker, CO at the Parker Rec Center. It was a 3 mile run, a 13 mile bike, then another 3 mile run. I was aiming to finish in less than 2 hours & 15 minutes -- but as it turns out I did better than I thought! I finished in 1 hour 55 minutes & 8 seconds!! Yah, it was a good day. After some celebrating with the family, we came home & dad, Taryn, and mom cooked up a delicious Eggs Benedict breakfast. Doesn't get much better than that!

Looking forward to my next challenge now... maybe a 1/2 marathon, or a triathlon! We'll see....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethie?! Congrats! I'm so proud, I doubt I would've even crossed the finish line, let alone in 1 hour 55 minutes and 8 seconds! Breakfast sounds yummy, tell the fam I said Hi!