Friday, June 21, 2013

Summertime Book Club

Last weekend we met up for Book Club! 




We held it at Bernie's house this time (Katy's mom), and she had us out on her lovely & comfortable patio.  It was a beautiful morning in the shade - we drank mimosas, and just gabbed & gabbed.  



Katy made this AMAZING homemade dip too (on top of the cucumber slices - with the smoked salmon piece - yum!) - she said she made it by blending together garlic scapes with cream cheese, and some other spices!  It was SO good, and I'm going to definitely have to give it a try!  




This month we're going to read American Gods by Neil Gaiman.  I've been wanting to read this book for a while now (this was my pick), and I hope it's as good as I have heard.  Neil Gaiman also wrote "Stardust" and "Coraline" if you've ever heard of those - but this is an adult novel, and considered a masterpiece.  Which probably means I won't understand it.  HA!  



Anyway, hope you are enjoying your summer so far!  Happy reading! 

No comments: